Saturday, September 02, 2006

I'm back baby!


Well,

It's been a loooong, agonizing month, and I can't be happier to see September. As previously mentioned, I have just moved to Kasukabe, Japan. The move itself went fairly smoothly. My girlfriend Natsumi and I rented a moving truck, loaded it with stuff, and I drove 'er straight into the heart of Saitama. Once I got moved in, things were cool... for a while.

Natsumi and I spent our days exploring my new city, swimming, eating out and doing some drinking (like everyone does in summer). But on August 14th, I said a sad goodbye and saw her off (she left that day for a 6-week trip through China along the 'Silk Road'). At that point, I still had no Internet connection, and my computer had decided to pick that week to melt down. Needless to say, I became a bit stresed.

But after many trips to the local tech shop to bitch about my internet delay, and a pretty penny spent in the meantime at the local internet cafe, I was finally back online.

Step one: complete.

Next, I had to deal with my useless, annoying computer. A few hours of reasearch and a new hard drive actually did the trick, and I managed to install it and get everything up and running again by myself (Yay for me!). As I write this, I've only had the machine up and running for an hour or so.

Step two: complete.

This is my 3rd and final (I think) year in Japan, as I began a new contract on August 1st. Natsumi arrives back in Japan on September 22nd, so once she is back I will be able to say that all is back to normal and that this year can actually be started.

Step three: in progress...

No comments: