Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Small world

I was watching some "Japanese" TV last night, when I happened upon a language instruction show. I've always been surprised by the number of language-learning programs that appear on NHK, and this time it was a show on the French language. Curious, I checked it out. After about 30 seconds of watching, I thought to myself, "Wow, that girl on this show looks awfully familar..." Sure enough, it was a girl that I went to school with in Brandon! I remember her because we took the same French courses at Uni, and I remember her saying she'd been to Paris (that night's show being set in Paris). Can't remember her name for the life of me though... Meghan? Melanie? Marie? Something with an M anyway. Not sure where the program was actually produced or if she is in Japan at all, but I still found it strange that a girl I knew from a small university of 3000 students in Manitoba could appear on my television 3 years later in Japan. Weirdness...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»